Monday, November 30, 2009

an ode to my husband...!


So just about everyone I know thinks that their husband is the best husband in the world and they are constantly bragging about this or that in reference to things their husband does for them, etc... I too would like to take just a few paragraphs to "brag" about my husband. I would not feel comfortable saying he is the most wonderful husband in the world, but I would go as far as to say he is genuinely the most wonderful man I know. He is PERFECT FOR ME, and wonderful to me. He supports me in all that I do, believes in all that I am, and can be. Helps me to accomplish all that I have in me to accomlish. He provides for me in all ways imagineable, he is my rock, and aside from the Savior, he is my best and most true friend. Time has revealed in him all that I could have ever hoped to find, and we haven't even spent that much time together yet. He teaches me each day to be a little more patient (which is undoubtedly one of my BIGGEST STRUGGLES in life), a little more kind, a little more humble, more believing, more hopeful, more faithful, more kind,more giving, more compassionate, more service oriented, to have pride in myself and all that I do, to work harder, care deeper, and many more things.

Many of you who have watched our life together blossom, might have heard Frank say at to you that in the beginning, "Sabrina didn't like me at the beginning". It's kind of a joke with us, he tells people I used to hate him, but he didn't give up on me, and now here we are!
All kidding aside, I have loved this man from the beginning. Apparently I didn't show it very well, but I knew that there was something special about him. I tend not to write much about how I feel about Frank, especially not to him, because i feel it so redundant, but that is simply just an excuse, and a pretty crappy one, because all along, in many ways, both large and small, he has made sure to make me feel so special. He has made sure to make me feel loved, and adored, appreciated and admired. He does his best to only speak kindly and softly. He helps me to create the kind of home that we read about in church books, and hear about in conference addresses. I am in no way trying to say that we have it all together, and that we do things perfect, or even remotely close, but what I am saying is that, mostly because of my husband, and his example to me and to others, we are able to have a home in which the Spirit abundantly resides, and a marriage in which the basic principles and doctrines of the faith that we so deeply love are guiding truths by which we live.

A few months ago, I wrote about our own personal hell, and the struggles and adversities we had recently faced and how they nearly pulled us apart. I removed that post, not because of embarrassment, but because I felt that it took away from the strength our marriage has become to each of us. We have come so far in such a short time, after some of our experiences as of late, it feels as if we have already been married ten years, but I would say that they have been the most WONDERFUL ten imaginery years of my life! Heaven has a way giving you glimpses in to it's glorious realm, and my life and my husband are daily glimpses in to what is to come for us, of that I am certain. I am SURE we will have MANY MANY MANY more trials to endure and opposition to overcome, but there is no one else in this world that I would rather go through it with, and no one else that could be more perfect for me then my Francisco! (HE HATES TO BE CALLED FRANCISCO) :) HE HE HE.

ANYWAY, thanks blogspot for allowing me to hop on the "brag wagon" for a few minutes to declare to the world how wonderful my husband is!

And Frank, when you read this, sometime in the next few months since you never read the blog anymore, know that I LOVE YOU. Always have, Always will. FOREVER!

1 comment:

annie said...

We think Frank is awesome too!
We love you Sabrina! We miss you. Call us or come by some time!