Monday, December 13, 2010

A little seperation anxiety...

Yep, thats right we are starting to suffer from a little bit of seperation anxiety, but ironically when I say "we" I mean "me"! Frank's annual work christmas party was this past Saturday evening and for weeks we had been trying to figure out who would be best suited to stay with Lilley for several hours while we were away... unfortunately, more for us then for her, this was the first time we've left her with anyone for more then like an hour. And if you know either of us very well, then you've heard us make mention of the individuals that we really didn't feel comfortable leaving her with. Well, we figured after some deep contemplation that we better let Franks parents spend some time with her epsecially since they don't make too mauch of an effort to come see her.
*on a side note, it's kind of our thought that the grandparents should make most of the effort to see the grandchildren instead of the parents always having to take the grandchildren to see the grandparents... does anyone else agree? "cuz my mother in law seems to think that we should be the ones always going to visit her. Thats mainly Franks frustration-not mine, but I do have to agree with him.

Just before leaving:



Anyways, long story short, it came time to leave and my mother-in-law STILL WASN'T THERE... SHE WAS 45 MINUTES LATE!! (how rude) she knew we were on a time schedule and had to be somewhere by the time she FINALLY arrived. So i hurried her through the routine with Lilley... how much to feed her, what to feed her(she likes to do her own thing apparently-from my sis in law) what NOT to do in big bold letters, how to rock her, how to lay her in her crib, etc, etc, etc... she probably was annpyed with me after telling her, but WHO CARES, it's MY KID she was watching so I was entitled to tell her as much as I needed. Then it came time to say goodbye. WE kissed her on the head and hurried down the stairs and out our front door and didn't look back. SAD MOMENT. WE got in the car and had a nice conversation about who knows what for about 5 minutes and then Frank looked at me and said "I miss Lilley, should we just go home"? It took me a minute to respond, but FINALLY i uttered... "NO."
WE made it to the party enjoyed ourself for a little while, then Frank called to check in on her and she was peaceful as could be. He could hear her babbling and squawking with excitement in the background so I guess he felt better.
The rest of the night was okay, the party was as fun this year, I think 'cuz we both missed the baby, and also because there were some friends of ours who also work for the company who were extrmely inappropriate due to large amounts of alcohol consumption which was TOTALLY TRASHY AND WITHOUT CLASS. So we just wanted the night to hurry and be over so we could go home to baby girl.
In the end we all survived, she did extraordinarily well (I do always hand her off to other people so she's okay with strangers) and we too did much better then thought. Frank thought I'd for sure cry, and I thought he'd shed a tear or two but nope, WE DID IT! and this is what we came home to...HEAVEN.




Earlier in the day, we were busy doing a few things, here's what we were up to...





Made a trip to the NORTH POLE (aka the Dowdens) to meet Santa... was a HUGE SUCCESS! She loved the beard!

Tried out some green beans for lunch:


"I don't know mom"


"mmmmm"



AND FINALLY, A NAP WITH DADDY AND BUDDY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am assuming your mother in law doesn't read your blog? :)