Monday, August 11, 2008

A time to relax...



According to the Websters Dictionary, the definition of Relaxation states that it is "the abatement or relief from bodily or mental work, effort, application, etc. an activity or recreation that provides such relief; diversion; entertainment." All of the above are things both Frank and I stood in desperate need of as this summer begins to come to a close. Every weekedend since the end of May, we have had a wedding to attend, a birthday party, family dinners/bbq's, beach parties, friends in town, church duties to fulfill, etc... We have yet to have a moment just to ourselves to enjoy each others company and the beauty of the world in which we live. Me and my brilliant ideas which must be stated almost NEVER turn out brilliant, decided to plan a day just for us to be together and enjoy the outdoors. We began the day early at the Temple, (which need I say anything more about the feeling of peace and tranquility there?), then we headed for some breakfast in Pacific Beach, followed by a few hours of mosying around Seaworld, and completed by a brief swim in Mission Bay as we began the treck home.
Contrary to almost everything else I ever plan to do, the day turned out better then I ever could have hoped for. Our Temple experience was fantastic (especially since it was Frank's first time) breakfast was nice, especially as we walked around Pacific Beach, Seaworld was fun (overcrowded) but nice, and even our brief dip in the water just helped me to realize that every once in while we need to stop for a minute and just breath!! There is so much more to life then hurrying and scurrying from one thing to the next (that is exactly how I live my life). I can't speak for Frank, but he is very busy each day as well, and I'm almost certain he really appreciated the time that we just got to relax and go at our own slower pace without a schedule to follow, or necessary daily tasks to complete. I think on our drive home saturday, we came to the conclusion that we absolutely must take a day once a month to do whatever we want to do at whatever pace we want to do it at because without it, life becomes too mundane.

No comments: