Sunday, October 12, 2008

Frank's Sacred Sunday



Franks sacred Sunday began early this morning... We had to be at church extra early this week, not only because it was our Stake Conference, but also because he was to be sustained by the members of the church to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. Early in the Conference, he and one other member stood as their names were read for a sustaining vote. Shortly there after I headed up to the pulpit to speak for a few minutes in front of the largest crowd I've ever spoken to. (That was slightly intimidating...) After I spoke, a few others followed with their testimonies just as others had done before me. Then we had the privilege to hear from our Stake Presidency and to be taught with such precision and such conviction regarding the future of the Family and how we as members of the church have our work cut out for us, but what a glorious work it is!

After our Stake Conference, we headed up to the Mattson's new home for Franks ordination in to the office of an Elder... What a sacred and holy experience... Most of that which took place within the walls of the special room the Mattsons chose for this ordination is too personal and too sacred to discuss over the Internet, however, I would like to leave my testimony of the Priesthood and the power with which the Lord has endowed these wonderful men with. As I looked around the little room that they built in their home for occasions such as this, I couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort,a sense of peace and familiarity. A feeling such as the one I'm sure I felt when in the Fathers presence in the pre-existence. On a few separate occasions throughout the blessing as well as during the testimonies borne after, I felt like I was home, I felt Heavenly Fathers loving arms so tightly around me and I'm sure everyone else in that room. He was there, the Holy Spirit was there, and flooded that room with a feeling incomparable to any thing in THIS WORLD!!!!
How truly humble I felt to be in the presence of such greatness and how truly grateful I was and am for the opportunity to be there for such a sacred occasion with so many that I love. It's so neat, not often do we women in the church have the opportunity to watch our future husbands enter in to the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood. It is a day I have waited for since the beginning, and one that strengthened my testimony in the power of the Priesthood as well as my love for Frank.


After such a sacred occasion, here is how a few of the men chose to relax... movie theatre style! :)

No comments: