Thursday, November 4, 2010

my daily gem

<

Each morning I wake up to this beautiful little gem smiling and cooing away.

She is kicking her feet with excitement and flailing her tiny little arms as I walk down the hall way in to her bedroom (carrying the monitor of course, that's how i know) and as I take my last step towards her, before she sees me, she lets out this most adorable squeal as if she knows i'm right there to whisk her out of her bed and it to my arms for our morning snuggle. There really isn't much else that could be a more perfect start to my near perfect days... except of course when Frank gets to sleep in with us and experience these daily gems himself. I know every parent loves their child, I just don't ever think i thought let alone comprehended the depth of that love until miss Lilley arrived in our world. Best thing that ever happened to Frank and I! :)
It's very rare as you other moms know to have pictures with your babies and you, so the other day we were sitting on the couch playing and I decided to be a bit cheesy and take some of lilley and myself with my free hand...




corny as it may be, it's documented proof that at this time in lilley's little world, I am just about the best thing ever to her and that melts my heart time and time again. haha here are a few shots of our play date on the couch, observing the outdoors from our front porch and our play date/ photo shoot today at the park...





just slightly obsessed with these tini feet and the little slippers that fit oh-so-perfectly!





there you have it friends, simply stated, she is my daily gem. and I heart her for it. just wish her daddy could experience all that is beautiful and right and good and perfect with our world through her big greenish eyes as much as I get to.
the end~


4 comments:

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! :)

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

She is too cute! Love those ballerina slippers! I can't believe how big she is already and I still have not met her!

annie said...

She is a doll. It was good to see you today! I hope we'll be seeing more of you. : )

Holli said...

I can't believe how big she is already...Um those ballerina slippers..Oh my gosh! I swear if I ever have a girl I am totally going bankrupt!!! Love you all :)