Sunday, December 14, 2008

"chestnuts roasting on and open fire"

I think, (I don't know for sure) that is Franks favorite Christmas Song... He walks around singing "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" like pretty much every chance he gets... it's kind of annoying actually, he does this weird thing at the end where he like draws out the fire part and makes the pitch in his voice go weird. I always ask him to cut it out, especially because the ending gets louder each time... :(
Speaking of annoyances... especially for any of you already married people... Remember your first Christmas' together? Do you remember the bickering over which color Christmas lights to hang and how to hang them, what kind of tree to get, how the tree would be decorated, etc...? Well, fortunately for us, we survived our first Christmas decorating stage with only a few references to ended the upcoming marriage prematurely! :) just kidding, we never actually said it, but I know there were definitely some under the breath comments made about how annoyed we were with each other. The problem was, we're both stubborn. Bottom line. I like things decorated one way for Christmas, (my mom is an interior designer) my house always looks like a model home, and he has lived on his own for 11 years, so he's gotten used to things his way. We argued about everything to do with the decorations, but in the end, we somehow found the way to COMPROMISE and make it work. The funny part is, we were decorating my moms house with her permission. She told us if we could survive the decoration phase, we could probably make it in a marriage. :) All kidding aside, it worked out great and I have a nice house to enjoy, and when Frank comes over each day, he can do the same! Here are just a few pictures to highlight the weeks happenings...








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My house next please!!!!