Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's getting closer...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

That glorious day when I will be able to kneel with my most wonderful husband is drawing ever so near. March 7th 2009!!!! Today as I was driving to work, I was pondering about that upcoming day, and what it will be like and the things that I want to remember and the overall emotion of the day. For so long it's been in the distant future, but over the past two or so months it seems like time has completely sped up and all of a sudden we're two and a half months from that Sacred occasion. We have been so busy these last few months trying to accomplish many things and stay on task from Church callings, to work schedules, to personal schedules. Then all of a sudden two months has flown by and here we are in the home stretch almost!

I hope this is appropriate to make the following comments, if not, I won't feel bad because you people all have the right to cease reading at any point...

I believe, just as many have warned me prior to my epiphany, that Satan has sought us out individually and has gone to work extra hard to prevent our Temple Marriage from taking place. There are the obvious temptations, those of physical nature, and sometimes, those grow harder to resist, but then there are the temptations that leave the potential for an even greater desecration of a marriage... and that comes from finding fault, looking for excuses to pick apart your spouse's faults (or in my case, future spouse). We have really struggled lately to not argue and find reasons to pick one another apart. Up until this point, we have really done well to work through our individual differences. We have reasoned with one another, and even compromised on many occasion to find that we have reached the perfect conclusion or solution. Right now, at times, it seems harder to do because tempers are short, emotions are heightened, stress has set in and the adversary is ever present. The thing that I must teach myself to remember, is that the Savior is even closer, and He is there to ease the burden of emotion both Frank and myself seem to be carrying at this present time.
Now after having said this, I hope no one thinks that we hate each other, I think what we are experiencing is normal. Last night we sat and talked through alot of things that have been frustrating us, including the failing economy (especially in Riverside County) which I would say is a large reason we have been frustrated, and we seem to have a much better and more realistic grasp on how to tackle these last couple months before the wedding. I am truly grateful for Frank. He is the greatest gift I have ever been given (with the exception of the Gospel of course) and I am very humbled today and feeling the need to repent for my shortcomings (there are many) and give thanks for the wonderful man I will spend the rest of Eternity with. Marriage is great, but it takes work and I can't wait to spend forever perfecting my self with the help and guidance of my very best friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are a great couple. I know its hard at times. But that is what helps you to appreciate the good. I can't wait for the big day!