Sunday, September 26, 2010

A little bit bitter. A little bit sweet.

I'm feeling just a little bit bitter and just a little bit sweet. We're moving in a few days... we're moving less then a mile away from where we live now to a bigger and better home in every sense of the literal meaning, but I'm not quite sure if anything will ever be better then this place and this time in our lives. We've moved a total of 8 times in 20 months of marriage but this little home we've built together, this beautiful place is full of so many great memories, so much love and so much joy. Everyone is asleep, my adorable husband, my beautiful baby, and my loving buddy dog and I'm filling the boxes and one by one putting away the memories of our first "real" home as husband and wife, and packing the memories of the day we brought Lilley home from the hospital. My heart is hurting slightly simply because I know we'll never experience this time and this special place again.
It's not that I'm not excited to move, because I am, so much more space and new adventures, a new ward, new friends, new life experiences... but this is my home, my sacred space where our lives truly began together and went from a family of two (plus buddy) to a family of three (plus buddy)!
Dear home,
You sure have been good to us, we'll never forget the time we shared here with you. I hope we'll always remember how special you were and reflect often on the lives we began with you and your help! I will always love you... <3!!

No comments: