Monday, September 27, 2010

TEETHING SUCKS!!!

my sweet even tempered smiley happy baby is quickly becoming a little crab cake, and I don't like it! Poor baby is REALLY, AND I MEAN REALLY starting to teethe. She's fussy most of the day (several minute long crying bouts, pick her up, calm her down, put her down and it all starts over again), barely sleeps, could fill buckets with all that drool, puts just about everything in her mouth and her bite is extremely strong (trust me, i know all too well) and she's just not herself.
I'm starting to regret waiting til almost a month old to give her a pacifier, because even though everything else goes in her mouth, that is the one thing she won't take!
I feel so bad for her, i give her cold spoons and teething rings, but they only help for so long... any one have any other suggestions? :) i will gladly and willingly try any and all to help the poor girl out!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

poor baby! have you tried teething tablets?

Our Family said...

I'm with Veronica! James loved the teething tablets and they are all natural. You can find them at walmart or any other pharmacy. Also, infants Tylenol (Tylenol is still on recall so it is actually "Infant Pain Relief"). Target has a store brand that you can get. Good luck! Teething sucks and it is so sad but there is only so much you can do! James and I did a lot of snuggling and I would sing to him softly in his ear and that usually calmed him down. Oh, yeah, there is this thing that you can get at the store that you can put fruit in for babies before they can chew. Anyways, I would put crushed ice in that and let James go to town. It's messy but it really helped. (it looks like a big ring pop but with a little net attached). I'll send you a picture of it on facebook. Good Luck!!!