Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Extravaganzas!


So, until recently, Halloween has been my least favorite Holiday...ish day. I have just never been in support of the creepy bloody disgusting costumes. I know there are some cuter ones out there. I have just never seem to have been in the same place with those costumes. This year Frank's love for Halloween seems to have begun to rub off one me. The last two weeks all I have thought about is how I'm going to carve my pumpkin ( I have spent many a day browsing Martha Stewart's web site) as well as pondering just how well Frank and I would be able to pull off Lucy and Ricky Ricardo.
The kick-off for the Halloween festivities for us began with a trip to Fallbrook to the COOLEST PUMPKIN PATCH EVER!!! This guy had his own private pumpkin shrine with over 150 different pumpkins he had grown in his yard and had given them all these awesome names to suit their personalities. They were so cool, and the patch was so cool. We found four awesome pumpkins, a giant white one, two cool green and orange exotic ones, and a fantastic baby one. We took great pictures that captured the essence of the Fall Season and the best pictures Frank and I had ever taken , only to loose the camera sometime after the Pumpkin Patch and arriving at the Temple. Nice, I know. GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :(
Then, the following weekend, our young adult ward was going to attend the AHHHHHHH oooooohhhhhhh SCARY Haunted Trail of Terror in San Diego at Balboa Park. Frank and I are TERRIBLE at supporting the branch activities so we decided to change it up and attend, especially since Frank is now on the Activities Committee and I am the Relief Society President in our Branch. You could say we kind of felt obligated. It was fine though because we had a blast.
Later on in the week, more like midweek, we found ourselves scrounging around trying to find the time to carve those precious pumpkins... or so I thought. AS I was getting ready to mention that we were carving that night, Frank informed me that we needed to go to the store to purchase two more pumpkins so we could carve them. What!!?? More pumpkins? We
just bought four! But oh, no!! Those were too perfect to carve, we had to go get the crappy ones to carve. That was fun, Frank is intense. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES, to carve pumpkins! (the longest two hours of my life!) :)
Then actual HAlloween arrived and we were ready to get primped and pretty for the night. We hurried up and got dressed in our RIcky and Lucy getup ( I was so worried about how we'd look). It turned out PERRRRRFECTO!! We were even the right ethnicity (well I think. Maybe Ricky was cuban... atleast we got the latin american and white down) The only thing I was having a hard time with was the nasty fifties style bangs horrific bright red lipstick and the poodle hair. I looked like my dog who is a poodle for crying out loud. It really looked great though and we had a blast so I guess that is all that matters. We had dinner with the Pulsiphers and the kids as well as some of their friends, then we headed down to San Diego for the night for a cruise around San Diego harbor on a horn blower cruise. We were exhausted by the end of the night becaue didn't get home until just before dawn, but we had a great time and now were looking forward to the Holidays coming and the cooler weather... if it ever comes!

4 comments:

Holli said...

um I am in love with the lucy and ricky riccardo costumes...miss you tons we need to catch up!!!

Anonymous said...

Get the late nights out of your system now, once kids come along late nights take on a whole new meaning!!

Taylor Family said...

Your costumes are so cute! If you want cooler weather, you should come out and visit Utah... it's snowing today it took me an hour and 48 minutes to get to work. Enjoy the warm weather haha :)

Anonymous said...

You guys fit the part perfectly!! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Love you girl.
XOXO