Monday, March 30, 2009

Two FAIRY PRINCESS'


Two little fairy princesses come to life...
These two fairy princesses are sisters and they are about as different as any two people could ever be, but they do have a few things in common, one of which is me. You see, I take care of these two in the afternoons four days a week, and for the past year and a half, I have fallen in love with them and the little people they are quickly becoming. They have grown up so much even though they are still "little people". Before we know it, they will be grown and off on their own adventures in life. My time with them is drawing to a close ever so rapidly, as Frank and I pack up and move on. Today as I sat here and played with them, I felt my heart begin to ache just a little. I think each day until we leave it's going to get worse and worse. I just adore them.
We have experienced so much together, and I greatly anticipate each day I get to spend with them because each day is a new experience. We get to learn about things outside and things around the house, we pracitice our ABC'S and NUMBERS. They even teach me primary songs!! We go for walks and play at the park. We have the most interesting conversations, and at the end of each day, we say our good byes in a way that could melt just about anyone's heart. To hear a two year old say, with the sweetest little voice "I love you" is pretty much an indescribable feeling. It's so fun to be around them and experience life from a two year olds point of view. There is only excitement and fascination. There is NO SUCH THING as a "bad day". Just a temper-tantrum that lasts a little while, then you put them down for a nap, and voila, life is perfect again!!! :)
I love these little girls, they're like my best friends, and thankfully, most of the time, they feel the same way about me and even whisper it in my ear! :)
I am so sad to say good-bye, but I greatly look forward to hearing about all the life they have left to live. Even Frank is going to have a hard time saying good bye because he has grown to love them almost as much because he spends A lot of time with them as well. He has helped me tend them several times, including our first week of marriage. Here are just a few pictures of all the fun we've experienced together...

No comments: